Thank you to all of students who participated by submitting an essay for the 2019 “There’s No Place Like Home” scholarship contest. Read the winning essays.
Details for the 2019 contest below.
2019 Scholarship – Closed
Need $2,000 for college, graduate school or a vocational program? Invitation Homes can make that happen.
If you’re currently enrolled in college, continuing your education, or headed there soon and would like a chance to win a scholarship to help cover expenses, enter the Invitation Homes There’s No Place Like Home scholarship contest. Invitation Homes will award four $2,000 scholarships to highly motivated students who can thoughtfully respond to the question below in 800 words or less.
At Invitation Homes, we understand that your childhood home has an effect in shaping you. Some people find it easier to leave home and start out on their own if they take something with them. In 800 words or less, tell us what you took, are planning to take, or make sure you have at your house to make it feel like home. Include why this item is important to you.
How to Enter
- Answer the Contest Question above in 800 words or less.
- Upload a PDF of your response here. The file name on your response to the Contest Question should be your full name and date of birth. (Example: John-Doe-12-20-1996.pdf)
- Upload a photo of you with the item you wrote about. The file name on your photo should be your full name. [Example: John-Doe.jpg]
- Submit your response via this form by 11:59 p.m. CT on Thursday, October 31, 2019. Make sure to follow all the instructions provided in the prompt.
- Submission must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. CT on Thursday, October 31, 2019.
- We will select four winners on Friday, November 29, 2019 and we will notify the winners as soon thereafter as possible. All submissions are collected by a third-party and provided to the judges anonymously. The determination of the winner is subjective based on criteria including essay structure, content, and grammar. Once winners are selected, eligibility will be verified per guidelines below.
- One scholarship is reserved for a current Invitation Homes resident. Please check the box confirming current residency to be eligible and include your Invitation Homes address.
- One scholarship is reserved for a current Invitation Homes associate or associate’s relative.
- Two of the scholarships are for unaffiliated students – students who are not current Invitation Homes residents or Invitation Homes associates or relatives.
- We will email the winners to confirm mailing address and will send a gift card (representing the scholarship) in the mail for $2,000. It is the winner’s responsibility to determine whether the use of the scholarship is or is not taxable.
- The winner will be announced in a feature on our company blog and social media.
- Winners must provide proof that they are currently enrolled in or have been accepted to an accredited technical school or trade program, college or graduate school, or are a high school senior headed to a technical school or college.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of your high school graduation and/or school enrollment and your age.
- All content may be used in future Invitation Homes marketing. By your submission, you agree that Invitation Homes may use your submission with your first name, last initial, city, and state (e.g. Connor F., Dallas, TX).
- Only one submission is permitted per student per year. Winners from the 2018 Scholarship Contest are not eligible for prizes.
- Applicants do not have to be current Invitation Homes residents.
- The decision regarding who earns the scholarship(s) is at the sole discretion of Invitation Homes and is final and binding upon all applicants.