Start 2020 More Organized Than Ever
Staying organized during the holiday season is always a challenge, especially when it comes to packing everything away for next year. We’ve put together some tips and best practices for storing your holiday decorations and supplies.
There are tons of supplies out there specially designed to help you make the most of your space when storing holiday supplies. Check out the list below for some common solutions to holiday storage problems.
Hanging Holiday Gift Wrap Organizer: Keep all your gift-wrapping supplies together and in pristine condition with this hanging organizer.
Ornament Storage Cube: These cubes are perfect for keeping your favorite ornaments and décor safe and are stackable for easy off-season storage.
Wreath Storage: Not only does this storage bag keep your wreaths damage-free, but it prevents glitter from covering everything you own.
String Light Storage Reels: If tangled lights dampen your seasonal festivities, these light reels are for you! Keep everything tangle-free and lower your chance of future electrical hazards.
DIY Storage Hacks
- Cardboard tubes for wrapping paper: You can use the cardboard tubes from toilet paper and paper towels to keep your wrapping paper from unraveling and being ruined. All you need to do is cut the roll vertically and slide it on to the wrapping paper.
- Clothing hangers for wreaths: Keep your seasonal wreaths undamaged and easy to find by keeping them off the ground with any extra clothing hangers you have lying around.
- Reuse all those cardboard shipping boxes from shopping online: Don’t let all those boxes go to waste. There are endless storage uses such as ornament, bow, and ribbon storage. Larger boxes can hold wreaths or gift bags.
- Use flat cardboard pieces to keep lights from tangling: Cut grooves down the side edges of your cardboard piece, and then simply wrap the string of lights around. Use the grooves you cut to keep the lights from slipping off.
- Store strings of beads in empty plastic bottles: Give those single-use plastic water bottles a new purpose by keeping your strings of beads in them.
There are plenty of storage hacks you can come up with using everyday items. Don’t be afraid to try something new! It just might work perfectly for what you’re looking to store.
One last pro-tip: Label everything! Keep labels on the outside of your boxes that list what’s inside each box. This will help you stay organized when the holidays roll around again next year.