Get This Look: Entryway
The entryway sets the tone for the rest of your home because it’s the first area that guests see. We’re highlighting the entryway from the Living Room Makeover, which we partnered with Jessica McRae from SwatchPop! and our very own Meghan Giddens, Design Expert, to decorate. It’s important for this area to be light and bright so it welcomes guests to your home. In this entryway, the seating area immediately communicates “sit and stay awhile,” while the other area is comfortable and decorated to show off the family’s style.
- Mirror– This woven mirror is perfect for the coastal style displayed in the rest of the home. Also, this mirror has added texture that will complement many different interior styles. You can find similar styles here and here.
- Artificial Plant & Plant Pot– No green thumb required! This is a fresh addition to an indoor or outdoor space. Plus the pot is fully functional and will never go out of style.
- Curtains & Curtain Rod– Simple and chic, drapes are a necessity in any living space.
- Rug – A rug is a perfect way to lighten a room and combine different colors and elements from the rest of the area.
- Floor Lamp & Lamp Shades– Bring in additional lighting with a tall floor lamp. Choose a lamp shade that allows plenty of light to shine in the room.
- Chairs– These side chairs made of solid wood come in neutral colors to complement any space. These lounge chairs are nice and plush so guests will feel right at home.
- Slate Blue Pillow, Graphic Linen Pillow, Stripe Pillow– These plush pillows are a wonderful mixture of texture, pattern, and colors that match the nautical vibe throughout the rest of the home.
- Table– A timeless and neutral coffee table like this one is perfect in the center of a seating area. Guests can set down their beverages and food or play card games.
- Poufs – A unique seating option, these poufs are especially fitting for children and teens but also serve as a decorative piece in the area. Also, you can move them around to other rooms.
Light & Bright
- Artwork– This statement piece draws the eyes in and commands attention. Pick an eye-catching design that matches your personal style and wows your guests when they enter your home.
- Lamps– Illuminate the space with these blue ombre lamps that add blue hues to the entryway.
- Console Table– Designed with practical storage space under the glass table top, this table has space for everything you need.
- Baskets– Organize your things with these braided baskets. These are perfect for eyesores like jumbled wires, homework, and other items you don’t want on display.
- Games– It’s a great idea to leave games and entertainment options out in the open so guests can grab their favorite when the time is right.
We hope these items inspire you to create a more welcoming feel to the entryway of your home. Be sure to check out the rest of the Living Room Makeover here. Come back for more blog posts featuring the rest of the home!